Saturday 5 May 2018

MARCH '18 WRAP-UP



So, it's the end of the month and that means another wrap-up!

We're already in May. 2018 is moving so fast and I am not particularly happy about it. 

March was busy with homework but it also contained Spring Break which gave me a little bit of time to get some reading and writing done which was great.  But I did watch a lot more TV than read more books and I watched two movies.

Join my book club: here.

 Anyways...

Time to talk about the books I read this month.


PHYSICAL BOOKS





The first physical book I read was A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I read this in preparation for the movie adaptation which unfortunately I didn't have time to see. I really enjoyed it even though it is written for a younger audience than me. I thought it was a meaningful story and I liked all the characters. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The second physical book I read was Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings. I have heard terrible things about this book but I knew I had to read it because I love Sasha's youtube channel and I had already bought it the day it came out back in January. I ended up really enjoying it despite all the negative reviews. I loved the characters and the plot was very fastpaced. The writing style wasn't perfect but it reminds me a lot of how I write. I rated it 4 Crowns. 

The third physical book I read was Everless by Sara Holland. I had heard mixed things about this book but I ended up really enjoying it because it had such an interesting concept. I liked the characters. The plot was a little generic but then again it's hard to write something very original these days. I rated it 4 Crowns. 




The fourth physical book I read was Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I read this one for the adaptation as well which didn't stay in theaters that long. I didn't end up seeing the movie and the book was a little slow. I didn't like how long it took to get into the action but I liked the characters and the character development a lot. Also, the references! I rated this one 3 Crowns. 

The fifth physical book I read was Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk. I really enjoyed this one. It was so original. I mean, a female Sparticus retelling? I needed it. I loved this book because it had so much female empowerment and it showed her struggles as she went from a princess to a slave and then gained strength. I also thought the romance was great. I rated this one 4 Crowns. 

The sixth physical book I read was King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard. I have put off reading this book for a year but I finally read it and I'm so glad I did. I loved diving back into the world and the characters and seeing where they are. Mare has grown so much and I love her character. She takes nothing from anyone and she has so much more strength. Maven is also such a complex character and I still love him. Cal has also grown and I'm not sure about it.  I rated this one 5 Crowns and I will probably do a review. 


AUDIOBOOKS READ



I read an audiobook this month and I am so proud of myself. Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi is a re-read for me and I loved the audiobook version. Kate Simses is an amazing audiobook reader and I love how she brings the characters to life. I loved all the characters so much more and I felt Warner's complexity and Juliette's a lot more. I rated this 5 Crowns (of course!). 


ARC'S READ

 

The first ARC I read was Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody. I enjoyed this book a lot. I knew I wanted an ARC in any format when I first heard about this and I am so grateful that I got an eArc of this one which I read everyday on the metro. I enjoyed the premise and the storyline as well as the complex characters. I did write a full review on this one and rated it 5 Crowns. 

The second ARC I read was Lost Boy, Found Boy by Jenn Polish and I did not like this one at all. I was just so confused throughout the whole book and I didn't really understand the story. I am very upset that I had to rate this one 1 Crown. 


REVIEWS IN MARCH: 




MUSIC MONDAY:

NONE

TOP TEN TUESDAY: 

NONE

TOP FIVE WEDNESDAY: 

NONE


WEEKLY WRAP-UP:






DISCUSSIONS/OTHER:




FAVORITE COVER OF THE MONTH:




NEW FICTIONAL BAE'S: 

Levi from Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

Dex from Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

Warner from Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi 

Xanthus from Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk 


NEW FAVORITE FEMALES:

Enne from Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

Andromeda from Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

Juliette from Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi 

Attia from Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk 


NEW FAVORITE BOOK RELATIONSHIPS: 

Enne and Levi from Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody

Dex and Andromeda Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings

Juliette and Warner from Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi 

Attia and Xanthus from Blood and Sand by C.V. Wyk 


TV SHOWS I WATCHED THIS MONTH:







MOVIES I WATCHED THIS MONTH:





WHAT BOOKS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH:





NEW BLOG FINDS

NONE

SONGS ON REPEAT

The Greatest Showman Soundtrack - Musical

Bloodstream - Transviolet

That Man - Caro Emerald

Heaven - Julia Michaels

Curious - Hayley Kiyoko

High Heels - JoJo

Capital Letters - Hailee Steinfeld and Bloodpop

Why So Sad - Halocene

No Excuses - Meghan Trainor

Monster - Frozen Broadway Musical


 BOOKS I WANT TO READ NEXT MONTH


 



The graphics at the top belong to me. The background pictures for them, however do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment